NOVA Comet II 12" Midi Lathe
- Item #: 46300
The Comet going through its paces at a recent show, on a 11x2.5" bowl
NOVA Comet 12" Midi Lathe Features and Benefits:
- 3/4HP Electronic variable speed motor gives dial-in power when you need it
- Large Capacities - up to 12" Swing and 16.5" between centers (more with optional bed extension accessory)
- Great Speed Range - 250 to 4000rpm- gives one of the slowest low end speed in its class for large turnings and fast high end speed for small turnings.
- Forward and reverse function for superior finishes
- Quality materials – Solid Cast Iron throughout for durability and stability.
- Strong 2MT spindles
- Precision Machining
- Extendable Bed – make your lathe as long as your project requires, without having permanently taking up workshop room! (Additional Accessory item purchase)
- Quick Action Cam Controls – precisely adjust to your requirements, fast.
- Large Capacities - up 12" Swing and 16.5" between centers (more with optional bed extension)
- Large range of accessories, with the unique world first patented NOVA Versaturn Range, exclusive to the Comet II Midi Lathe.
- Comprehensive Warranty - Backed by a full replacement 1-year warranty on motor and electronics and a further 2-Year limited warranty on all parts excluding motor, electronics, consumables, for a total of 2-Years limited warranty.
The latest from NOVA, the Comet 12" Midi Lathe is the most versatile & innovative small Wood Lathe on the market. Here's what customers have been saying about it:
Edited: been using for a few weeks now, and really love this lathe. Changing rating to 5 stars!
5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive lathe, August 8, 2012
By Peter (Grezels)
Excellent speed range and very easy to operate, I have used Nova chucks before but this is my first lathe and I am really impressed.
See an overview of the NOVA Comet 12" Midi Lathe at the IWFS 2012, and below the Comet II 12" Midi Lathe with its optional accessory, the Grinding Wheel, in action below. For more videos, see the Teknatool NOVA You Tube channel, HERE
Why is the NOVA Comet 12" Midi Lathe so popular?
Its powerful 3/4HP electronic variable speed motor offers a wide speed range from 250-4000rpm. The slow speed is best in class and is perfect for larger work. The 12" swing capacity over bed and 16.5" between centre capacity (expandable to 41.5" with the optional bed extension accessory) gives you the flexibility to turn anything from a Bed Post to a Thimble.
With the exclusive NOVA VersaturnTM Adaptable Technology, by adding optional accessories you can transform your lathe into a total wood working station, making it perfect for a wide variety of turning and wood working projects. This unique, patented world first approach to versatile Midi Lathe design delivers maximum flexbility for the lathe owner, allowing the user to consolidate key wood working and wood turning functions into the single machine, saving space, time and money.
Backed by a full replacement 1-year warranty on motor and electronics and a further 2-Year limited warranty on all parts excluding motor, electronics, consumables, for a total of 2-Years limited warranty.
Handwheel, 2MT Revolving (Live) Center, 2MT Drive (Spur Center), 3" Faceplate, 6" Toolrest, Fasteners and Instruction Manual.
Freight charges are extra and includes Residential Delivery. Only available in the Contigious US States, excludes Hawaii and Alaska, for delivery to these desinations please contact us for a quote.